S-Space College of Natural Sciences (자연과학대학) Dept. of Physics and Astronomy (물리·천문학부) Physics (물리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_물리학전공)
Imaging Single-mRNA Localization and Translation in Live Neurons
- Lee, Byung Hun; Bae, Seong-Woo; Shim, Jaeyoun Jay; Park, Sung Young; Park, Hye Yoon
- Issue Date
- Molecules and Cells, Vol.39 No.12, pp. 841-846
- Imaging Single-mRNA Localization and Translation in Live Neurons; 자연과학; live-cell imaging; local translation; MS2-GFP; RNA localization; single-molecule imaging
- Local protein synthesis mediates precise spatio-temporal regulation of gene expression for neuronal functions such as long-term plasticity, axon guidance and regeneration. To reveal the underlying mechanisms of local translation, it is crucial to understand mRNA transport, localization and translation in live neurons. Among various techniques for mRNA analysis, fluorescence microscopy has been widely used as the most direct method to study localization of mRNA. Live-cell imaging of single RNA molecules is particularly advantageous to dissect the highly heterogeneous and dynamic nature of messenger ribonucleoprotein (mRNP) complexes in neurons. Here, we review recent advances in the study of mRNA localization and translation in live neurons using novel techniques for single-RNA imaging.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.