S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) Dept. of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering (생태조경·지역시스템공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_생태조경·지역시스템공학부)
A simplified method to estimate the fundamental frequency of skew continuous multicell box-girder bridges
- Mohseni, Iman; Abdul Rashid, Abdul Khalim; Kang, Junsuk
- Issue Date
- Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol.11 No.4, pp. 649-658
- A simplified method to estimate the fundamental frequency of skew continuous multicell box-girder bridges; 자연과학; Fundamental frequency; skew angle; box-girder bridges
- The Fundamental Frequency is the main factor used to calculate the vibration of a vehicle when passing across a bridge. With knowledge of the fundamental frequency, bridges can be evaluated and designed in such a manner so as to avoid the critical range of 1.5 Hz to 4.5 Hz, which is occupied by most vehicles. Therefore it is crucial to develop a reliable method to estimate the fundamental frequency of bridges. To overcome the above issue, numerical analysis combined with a theoretical method is applied to estimate the fundamental frequency of multicell box-girder bridges. The effect of span-length, number of boxes and skew angle on the estimation of this factor is discussed. Finally, reliable expressions are proposed to predict the first fundamental frequency of this type of bridge, and the accuracy of the expressions are verified. The results indicate that the fundamental frequency decreases when span length increases, due to development of crack as well awe decrease stiffness of girders.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.