S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_산부인과학전공)
Good correlation of HPV DNA test between self-collected vaginal and clinician-collected cervical samples by the oligonucleotide microarray
- Seo, Sang-Soo; Song, Yong-Sang; Kim, Jae-Weon; Park, Noh-Hyun; Kang, Soon-Beom; Lee, Hyo-Pyo
- Issue Date
- Gynecol Oncol. 2006 Jul;102(1):67-73. Epub 2006 Jan 10.
- Adolescent; Adult; Aged; Cervix Uteri/cytology/*virology; DNA, Viral/*genetics; Female; Humans; Middle Aged; Oligonucleotide Array Sequence Analysis/methods; Risk Factors; Self Care/methods; Uterine Cervical Neoplasms/pathology/*virology; Vaginal Smears/*methods
- OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the efficacy of self-collected vaginal samples for high-risk HPV detection by the HPV oligonucleotide microarray method (HPVDNAChip). METHODS: One hundred and eighteen patients with abnormal Pap smears were included. Self-collected vaginal and clinician-collected cervical samples for HPV testing were obtained. The result of the HPV DNA test was compared with the histopathological diagnosis or colposcopic finding. RESULTS: Of the 118 patients, 42 (35.6%) had >or= cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) III lesions. Using the HPVDNAChip, high-risk types of HPV were detected in 38 of these 42 patients (90.5%) with the self-collected vaginal samples and in 37 of 42 (88.1%) with the clinician-collected cervical samples. The agreement of HPVDNAchip results between self- and clinician-collected samples was very good (kappa = 0.81) with a 93.2% concordance rate. Multiple HPV infections were found in 17 of 88 (19.3%) HPV-positive clinician-collected cervical samples. The rate of multiple HPV infection tended to decrease as the degree of pathologic classification increased. CONCLUSION: Using the HPVDNAchip to assay for HPV infection, results from self-collected vaginal samples were compatible with those from clinician-collected cervical samples.
- 0090-8258 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.