S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
The expression of TIMPs in cryo-preserved and freeze-dried amniotic membrane
- Koh, Jae Woong; Shin, Young Joo; Oh, Joo Youn; Kim, Mee Kum; Ko, Jung Hwa; Hwang, Jeong Min; Wee, Won Ryang; Lee, Jin Hak
- Issue Date
- Taylor & Francis
- Curr Eye Res. 2007 Jul-Aug;32(7-8):611-6.
- Amnion/*metabolism; Blotting, Western; *Cryopreservation; Epithelial Cells/metabolism; Freeze Drying; Gene Expression/physiology; Humans; Immunoenzyme Techniques; RNA, Messenger/metabolism; Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction; Stromal Cells/metabolism; Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase-1/*genetics/metabolism; Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase-2/*genetics/metabolism; *Tissue Preservation
- PURPOSE: To investigate the change of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP) in cryopreserved amniotic membranes (AM) according to preservation time, and to evaluate the expression of TIMP in freeze-dried AM. METHODS: Cryopreserved or fresh AMs were incubated in dispase II for two hours at 37 degrees C and their epithelial cells were scraped with a cell scraper. Remaining stromal AM was minced and frozen in liquid nitrogen, and then treated with 0.1% diethyl pyrocarbonate. The mRNA levels of TIMP-1 and -2 were determined by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) in epithelial and stromal cells of fresh AM, AMs cryopreserved for 6 and 12 months, and freeze dried AM, respectively. Western blot analysis and immunohistochemical staining were performed to assess the expression of TIMP-1 in fresh, cryopreserved, and freeze dried AMs. RESULTS: RT-PCR revealed that mRNAs of TIMP-1 and -2 were expressed in the amniotic epithelial cells of both fresh and cryopreserved AMs, while the stromal cells of fresh or cryopreseved AMs and freeze-dried AM showed higher expression of TIMP-1 than TIMP-2 mRNA. On Western blot analysis, the level of TIMP-1 was more in fresh AMs than in cryopreserved or freeze-dried AM, but it was not statistically significant. CONCLUSION: TIMP-1 was expressed in cryopreserved AMs until 12 months, and the amount of expression was comparable to that in fresh AMs.
- 0271-3683 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.