S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Stretchable Heater Using Ligand-Exchanged Silver Nanowire Nanocomposite for Wearable Articular Thermotherapy
- Choi, Suji; Park, Jinkyung; Hyun, Wonji; Kim, Jangwon; Kim, Jaemin; Lee, Young Bum; Song, Changyeong; Hwang, Hye Jin; Kim, Ji Hoon; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Kim, Dae-Hyeong
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano, Vol.9 No.6, pp.6626-6633
- Thermal therapy is one of the most popular physiotherapies and it is particularly useful for treating joint injuries. Conventional devices adapted for thermal therapy including heat packs and wraps have often caused discomfort to their wearers because of their rigidity and heavy weight. In our study, we developed a soft, thin, and stretchable heater by using a nanocomposite of silver nanowires and a thermoplastic elastomer. A ligand exchange reaction enabled the formation of a highly conductive and homogeneous nanocomposite. By patterning the nanocomposite with serpentine-mesh structures, conformal lamination of devices on curvilinear joints and effective heat transfer even during motion were achieved. The combination of homogeneous conductive elastomer, stretchable design, and a custom-designed electronic band created a novel wearable system for long-term, continuous articular thermotherapy.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)