S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Enhancing Bifunctional Catalytic Activity via a Nanostructured La(Sr)Fe(Co)O3-δ@Pd Matrix as an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Li-O2 Batteries
- Oh, Mi Young; Kim, Jung Hyun; Lee, Young Wook; Kim, Kyeong Joon; Shin, Hong Rim; Park, Hyeokjun; Lee, Kang Taek; Kang, Kisuk; Shin, Tae Ho
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Energy Materials, Vol.2 No.12, pp.8633-8640
- bifunctional effect; Nano-LSCF@Pd matrix; electrocatalyst; lithium ion battery; oxygen evolution reaction (OER); oxygen reduction reaction (ORR)
- One of the important challenges with a bifunctional electrocatalyst is reducing the large overpotential involved in the slow kinetics of the oxygen evolution reaction (OER) and oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) at the air electrode in a metal air redox battery. Here, we present a nanostructured LSCF@Pd matrix of nanostructured LSCF (Nano-LSCF) with palladium to enhance the bifunctional catalytic activity in Li-O-2 battery applications. Pd nanoparticles can be perfectly supported on the surface of the Nano-LSCF, and the ORR catalytic activity was properly improved. When Nano-LSCF@Pd was applied to a cathode catalyst in Li-O-2 batteries, the first discharge ability (16912 mA h g(-1)) was higher than that of Nano-LSCF (6707 mA h g(-1)) and the cycling property improved. These results demonstrate that the Pd-deposited nanostructured perovskite is a capable catalyst to enhance the ORR activity of LSCF as a promising bifunctional electrocatalyst.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.