S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Moisture barrier composites made of non-oxidized graphene flakes
- Kim, Jungmo; Song, Sung Ho; Im, Hyeon-Gyun; Yoon, Gabin; Lee, Dongju; Choi, Chanyong; Kim, Jin; Bae, Byeong-Soo; Kang, Kisuk; Jeon, Seokwoo
- Issue Date
- Small, Vol.11 No.26, pp.3124-3129
- moisture barriers; composite films; noncovalent functionalization; graphene flakes; solvothermal intercalation; graphene
- Graphene flakes (GFs) with minimized defects and oxidation ratios are incorporated into polyethylene (PE) to enhance the moisture barrier. GFs produced involving solvothermal intercalation show extremely low oxidation rates (3.17%), and are noncovalently functionalized in situ, inducing strong hydrophobicity. The fabricated composite possesses the best moisture barrier performance reported for a polymer-graphene composite. © 2015 Wile-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.