S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Galvanic Replacement Reactions in Metal Oxide Nanocrystals
- Oh, Myoung Hwan; Yu, Taekyung; Yu, Seung-Ho; Lim, Byungkwon; Ko, Kyung-Tae; Willinger, Marc-Georg; Seo, Dong-Hwa; Kim, Byung Hyo; Cho, Min Gee; Park, Jae-Hoon; Kang, Kisuk; Sung, Yung-Eun; Pinna, Nicola; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Science, Vol.340 No.6135, pp.964-968
- Galvanic replacement reactions provide a simple and versatile route for producing hollow nanostructures with controllable pore structures and compositions. However, these reactions have previously been limited to the chemical transformation of metallic nanostructures. We demonstrated galvanic replacement reactions in metal oxide nanocrystats as well. When manganese oxide (Mn3O4) nanocrystals were reacted with iron(II) perchlorate, hollow box-shaped nanocrystats of Mn3O4/gamma-Fe2O3 ("nanoboxes") were produced. These nanoboxes ultimately transformed into hollow cagetike nanocrystats of gamma-Fe2O3 ("nanocages"). Because of their nonequihbrium compositions and hollow structures, these nanoboxes and nanocages exhibited good performance as anode materials for lithium ion batteries. The generality of this approach was demonstrated with other metal pairs, including Co3O4/SnO2 and Mn3O4/SnO2.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)