S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Synthesis, characterization, and self-assembly of pencil-shaped CoO nanorods
- An, Kwangjin; Lee, Nohyun; Park, Jongnam; Kim, Sung Chul; Hwang, Yosun; Park, Je-Geun; Kim, Jae-Young; Park, Jae-Hoon; Han, Myung Joon; Yu, Jaejun; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol.128 No.30, pp.9753-9760
- We synthesized uniformly sized, pencil-shaped CoO nanorods by the thermal decomposition of a cobalt-oleate complex, which was prepared from the reaction of cobalt chloride and sodium oleate. The diameters and lengths of the CoO nanorods were easily controlled by varying the experimental conditions, such as the heating rate and the amount of Co-oleate complex. The X-ray diffraction pattern revealed that the CoO nanorods have an extraordinary wurtzite ZnO crystal structure. These uniformly sized nanorods self-assembled to form both horizontal parallel arrangements and perpendicular hexagonal honeycomb superlattice structures. Reduction of the nanorods by heating under a hydrogen atmosphere generated either hcp Co or Co2C nanorods. Characterization of the CoO nanorods using X-ray absorption spectroscopy, X-ray magnetic circular dichroism spectroscopy, and magnetic measurements showed that they contain a small fraction of ferromagnetic Co impurities.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)