S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Digital doping in magic-sized CdSe clusters
- Muckel, Franziska; Yang, Jiwoong; Lorenz, Severin; Baek, Woonhyuk; Chang, Hogeun; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Bacher, Gerd; Fainblat, Rachel
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano, Vol.10 No.7, pp.7135-7141
- single-atom doping; diluted magnetic semiconductor nanostructures; magic-sized cluster; solotronics; magneto-optics
- Magic-sized semiconductor clusters represent an exciting class of materials located at the boundary between quantum dots and molecules. It is expected that replacing single atoms of the host crystal with individual dopants in a one-by-one fashion can lead to unique modifications of the material properties. Here, we demonstrate the dependence of the magneto-optical response of (CdSe)(13) clusters on the discrete number of Mn2+. ion dopants. Using time-of-flight mass spectrometry, we are able to distinguish undoped, monodoped, and bidoped cluster species, allowing for an extraction of the relative amount of each species for a specific average doping concentration. A giant magneto-optical response is observed up to room temperature with clear evidence that exclusively monodoped clusters are magneto-optically active, whereas the Mn2+ ions in bidoped clusters couple antiferromagnetically and are magneto-optically passive. Mn2+-doped clusters therefore represent a system where magneto optical functionality is caused by solitary dopants, which might be beneficial for future solotronic applications.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)