S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Generalized and facile synthesis of semiconducting metal sulfide nanocrystals
- Joo, Jin; Na, Hyon Bin; Yu, Taekyung; Yu, Jung Ho; Kim, Young-Woon; Wu, Fanxin; Zhang, Jin Z.; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol.125 No.36, pp.11100-11105
- We report on the synthesis of semiconductor nanocrystals of PbS, ZnS, CdS, and MnS through a facile and inexpensive synthetic process. Metal-oleylamine complexes, which were obtained from the reaction of metal chloride and oleylamine, were mixed with sulfur. The reaction-mixture was heated under appropriate experimental conditions to produce metal sulfide nanocrystals. Uniform cube-shaped PbS nanocrystals with particle sizes of 6, 8, 9, and 13 nm were synthesized. The particle size was controlled by changing the relative amount of PbCl2 and sulfur. Uniform 11 nm sized spherical ZnS nanocrystals were synthesized from the reaction of zinc chloride and sulfur, followed by one cycle of size-selective precipitation., CdS nanocrystals that consist of rods, bipods, and tripods were synthesized from a reaction mixture containing a 1:6 molar ratio of cadmium to sulfur. Spherical CdS nanocrystals (5.1 nm sized) were obtained from a reaction mixture with a cadmium to sulfur molar ratio of 2:1. MnS nanocrystals with various sizes and shapes were synthesized from the reaction of MnCl2 and sulfur in oleylamine. Rod-shaped MnS nanocrystals with an average size of 20 nm (thickness) x 37 nm (length) were synthesized from a 1:1 molar ratio of MnCl2 and sulfur at 240 degreesC. Novel bullet-shaped MnS nanocrystals with an average size of 17 nm (thickness) x 44 nm (length) were synthesized from the reaction of 4 mmol of MnCl2 and 2 mmol of sulfur at 280 degreesC for 2 h. Shorter bullet-shaped MnS nanocrystals were synthesized from a 3:1 molar ratio of MnCl2 and sulfur. Hexagon-shaped MnS nanocrystals were also obtained. All of the synthesized nanocrystals were highly crystalline.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)