S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Synthesis of highly crystalline and monodisperse cobalt ferrite nanocrystals
- Hyeon, Taeghwan; Chung, Yunhee; Park, Jongnam; Lee, Su Seong; Kim, Young-Woon; Park, Bae Ho
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physical Chemistry B, Vol.106 No.27, pp.6831-6833
- Highly crystalline and monodisperse cobalt ferrite nanocrystals were fabricated by the high-temperature aging of a metal-surfactant complex followed by mild oxidation. Particle sizes were varied from 4 to 9 nm by changing the experimental conditions. Transmission electron microscopic (TEM) images of the particles showed two- and three-dimensional assembly of the particles, demonstrating the uniformity of the nanocrystals: Electron diffraction, X-ray diffraction, and high-resolution transmission electron microscopic images of the nanocrystals confirmed the highly crystalline nature of the cobalt ferrite structure. The elemental analysis confirmed the stoichiometry of cobalt ferrite, despite some variations in the relative atomic composition of nanocrystals. The nanocrystals were found to have typical behaviors of magnetic nanocrystals and the narrow energy barrier distributions of magnetic anisotropy, implying that the nanocrystals obtained are very uniform.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)