S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Surgery (외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_외과학전공)
Intraductal papillary mucinous carcinoma with atypical manifestations: report of two cases
- Lee, Seung Eun; Jang, Jin-Young; Yang, Sung Hoon; Kim, Sun-Whe
- Issue Date
- World J Gastroenterol. 2007 Mar 14;13(10):1622-5
- Adenocarcinoma, Mucinous/complications/*diagnosis/pathology; Aged; Carcinoma, Pancreatic Ductal/complications/*diagnosis/pathology; Carcinoma, Papillary/complications/*diagnosis/pathology; Digestive System Fistula/etiology/pathology; Humans; Male; Middle Aged; Pancreatic Neoplasms/complications/*diagnosis/pathology; Pseudomyxoma Peritonei/etiology/pathology
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMNs) are a well-characterized group of mucin-producing cystic neoplasms of the clear malignant potential type. We report here two cases of intraductal papillary mucinous carcinoma (IPMC) with atypical manifestations. In one case, we discussed a pseudomyxoma peritonei caused by a ruptured IPMC. In the other case we discussed the fistulization of IPMC into the stomach and duodenum. These two cases suggest that IPMN can either spontaneously rupture causing mucinous materials to spill into the free abdominal cavity or directly invade adjacent organs resulting in fistula development.
- 1007-9327 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.