S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pediatrics (소아과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_소아과학전공)
A case of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome with a transient decrease in complement factor H
- Hahn, Hyewon; Um, Eun Young; Park, Young Seo; Cheong, Hae Il
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Pediatr Nephrol. 2006 Feb;21(2):295-8. Epub 2005 Dec 17.
- Child, Preschool; Complement Factor H/*analysis; Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome/*blood/diagnosis; Humans; Male
- We report a case of sporadic atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) with a transient decrease in complement factor H. Referred for hemolysis and azotemia without diarrhea prodrome, this 31-month-old boy showed a decreased complement 3 (C3) and complement factor H (FH) level. However, the factor H gene (HF1) mutation was missing. After the hemolysis was controlled with plasma infusion, the C3 and FH levels recovered. The patient's renal function fully recovered and remained normal, and there was no recurrence of the HUS.
- 0931-041X (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.