S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Program in Cancer Biology (협동과정-종양생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_협동과정-종양생물학전공)
Reduced serum level of antibodies against amyloid beta peptide is associated with aging in Tg2576 mice
- Sohn, Ji-Hoon; So, Jung On; Kim, Hee; Nam, Eun Joo; Ha, Hee Jin; Kim, Young Ho; Mook-Jung, Inhee
- Issue Date
- Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Sep 28;361(3):800-4. Epub 2007 Jul 27.
- Aging/*immunology; Alzheimer Disease/immunology/metabolism; Amyloid beta-Protein/*immunology; Amyloid beta-Protein Precursor/metabolism; Animals; Autoantibodies/*blood/immunology; Disease Models, Animal; Female; Humans; Immunohistochemistry; Male; Mice; Mice, Inbred C57BL; Mice, Transgenic
- Both active and passive immunization to eliminate amyloid plaques from the brain of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) have confirmed that amyloid beta (Abeta) vaccination does not only result in clearance of Abeta plaques but improves behavioral-cognitive deficits in animal models of AD. In the present study, the levels of naturally occurring serum antibodies against Abeta were measured in Tg2576 mice at various ages using ELISA to determine the relationship between aging and the level of anti-Abeta autoantibody. The level of anti-Abeta antibody fell significantly at the age of 9 months, at the age when amyloid plaques started to appear in the brain of Tg2576 mice, and was persistently low thereafter. However, serum immunoglobulin (Ig) level was elevated in older transgenic mice compared with younger transgenic mice suggesting that the reduced level of anti-Abeta autoantibody was not merely due to deterioration of the immune response in aged Tg2576 mice.
- 0006-291X (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.