S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Effects of DRD2 and CYP2D6 genotypes on delta EEG power response to aripiprazole in healthy male volunteers: a preliminary study
- Kim, Euitae; Yu, Kyung-Sang; Cho, Joo-Youn; Shin, Yong-Wook; Yoo, So Young; Kim, Young Youn; Jang, In-Jin; Shin, Sang-Goo; Kwon, Jun Soo
- Issue Date
- Hum Psychopharmacol. 2006 Dec;21(8):519-28.
- Adult; Antipsychotic Agents/pharmacology; Area Under Curve; Cytochrome P-450 CYP2D6/*genetics; *Electroencephalography/drug effects; Genotype; Half-Life; Humans; Male; Phenotype; Piperazines/pharmacology; Polymorphism, Genetic; Quinolones/pharmacology; Receptors, Dopamine D2/*genetics; Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
- The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of polymorphisms in dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) and cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2D6 genes on delta EEG power response to aripiprazole in healthy male volunteers. Seventeen volunteers were recruited according to the DRD2 Taq1A genotype, and separated into the following groups: homozygous wild-type (A2/A2, n = 7), heterozygous (A2/A1, n = 5) and homozygous variant-type (A1/A1, n = 5) groups. After enrollment in this study, they were genotyped for CYP2D6. The volunteers received single 10 mg oral doses of aripiprazole, in accordance with an open-label parallel group study design. Plasma levels of aripiprazole and its metabolite were determined and EEGs were obtained simultaneously. The pharmacodynamic parameter was absolute delta power in the Cz channel. The changes of delta power were not different according to DRD2 Taq1A genotypes. As to the CYP2D6 allele, the subjects had the following CYP2D6 genotypes: *10/*10 (n = 4), *1/*10 (n = 5), *1/*5 (n = 2), *1/*1 (n = 3), *2/*41 (n = 1), *2/*2 (n = 1), *2N/*10 (n = 1). Subjects exhibiting the *1/*5 and *1/*10 genotypes showed a trend toward high area under the plasma aripiprazole concentration-time curve (AUC), which was linearly related to area under the EEG response-time curve (AUEC). Our results demonstrate a need for further evaluation of the CYP2D6 genotypic effect on the pharmacodynamics of aripiprazole.
- 0885-6222 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.