S-Space College of Business Administration/Business School (경영대학/대학원) Institute of Industrial Relations (노사관계연구소) Seoul Journal of Industrial Relations (노사관계연구) Journal of industrial relations vol.10 (1999) (노사관계연구)
實學者 崔漢綺의「人政」에 관한 小考
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 노사관계연구소
- Journal of industrial relations, Vol.10, pp. 175-202
- This paper aims to review Choi Han-ki(1803 - 1977)’s famous book, Injung (Politics of Human Relations written during 1838 - 1860) on the human resource management perspective. Choi Han-ki is one of preeminent scholars who researched ‘Sirhak (Practical Learning) in the late period of Chosun dynasty. As the Sirhak's intellectual contents became diversified and philosophical attitudes reoriented, the Neo-Confucian metaphysical system inevitably underwent an overhauling
The foremost in metaphysical reexamination was Choi Han-ki. whose pioneering works not only in philosophy but also in science and political thought seem to the Sirhak movement directly with the arts and sciences of modern times
His philosophy is based on an empiricism, claiming that all knowledge comes from experience. In establishing his system of thought. as it is contained in his many books reportedly counting hundreds . he seems to have been influenced by western science and philosophy via China. Since the 1945 liberation of Korea, Korean business administrators have been influenced from the western advanced countries. Thais the reason why today's Korean businesses use mainly the westernized techniques and most of researchers prefer the European & American theories. But especially in the human resource field, the traditional research of socio-cultural context in the older days should be stressed. This study can be meaningful and contributed to settling the Korean styled human resource management. In Injung, he tries to establish the order of human society in the light of the cosmos (or nature), and to find out the methods of maintaining it perpetually. He presented the way of how to evaluate, educate, select and place men in the right position. These methods can be used for creating techniques for recruitment, selection, placement, performance appraisal. staffing, training etc.,In the conclusion some suggestions can be given as follows
1) first of all it should be done to percept correctly and evaluate accurately members' performance.
2) the effective education methodology is introduced well.
3) the fair staffing management without nepotism and favoritism should be emphasized.
4) the bottom-up management besides the top-down one should be oriented.
5) top managers have to own the management philosophy of respect for human life and dignity.