S-Space College of Business Administration/Business School (경영대학/대학원) Institute of Industrial Relations (노사관계연구소) Seoul Journal of Industrial Relations (노사관계연구) Journal of industrial relations vol.10 (1999) (노사관계연구)
情報通信産業의 女性雇傭 誘引力 -男‧女別 賃金隔差를 中心으로-
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 노사관계연구소
- Journal of industrial relations, Vol.10, pp. 525-538
- This study aims at analyzing the wage differentials by gender and examining the impact of the differentials on labor employment in information and telecommunications industry. In the study three major results are found.
1. There are wage differentials by gender in information and telecommunications industry.
2. However. wage differentials by gender in information and telecommuni cations industry are comparatively lower than other industries.
3. In some occupations such as software engineers and system analysts there are little wage differentials in information and telecommunication industry.
These findings show that female workers in this industry are less discriminated compared with those in other industry. From these findings we can get the implication that women labors can be easily induced to information and telecommunications industry. But this could be possible when female themselves make various efforts and appropriate policy actions is mobilized to facilitate women's employment and active actions in this area.