S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Channel Optimized Predistortion for Self-Heterodyne DCT-Based OFDM Systems
- Yang, Jun-Seok; Lee, Jong-Ho; Kim, Seong-Cheol
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
IEEE Consumer Electronics Society
- IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 770-775, Aug. 2005
- predistortion; channel estimation; self-heterodyne; orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM); DCT
- This paper presents a novel technique to compensate intermodulation distortion of a self-heterodyne direct conversion OFDM system in multipath propagation environments. A self-heterodyne direct conversion system has an advantage that simple receivers can be built that are completely immune to any phase noise or frequency offset. This system, however, has a disadvantage that the nonlinear detector at the receiver of the self-heterodyne direct conversion system gives rise to intermodulation distortion. In this study, channel estimation is performed using a training sequence and then the predistortion coefficients with regard to estimated channel parameters are derived to compensate the receiver nonlinearity. Transmit power allocation technique is employed to overcome multipath fading channels as well. Computer simulation demonstrates that the proposed approach improves BER performance of the self-heterodyne direct conversion system in a multipath fading channel. This scheme gives advantage to multi-carrier syst ms, such as OFDM, that are much more sensitive to frequency and phase error than single-carrier systems.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.