S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
About strongly polynomial time algorithms for quadratic optimization over submodular constraints
- Hochbaum, Dorit S.; Hong, Sung-Pil
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Mathematical Programming 69 (1995) 269-309
- Quadratic programming; Submodular constraints; Kuhn-Tucker conditions; Lexicographically optimal flow; Parametric maximum flow
- We present new strongly polynomial algorithms for special cases of convex separable quadratic minimization over submodular constraints. The main results are: an O(NM log(N2/M)) algorithm for the problem Network defined on a network on M arcs and N nodes; an O(n log n) algorithm for the tree problem on n variables; an O(n log n) algorithm for the Nested problem,
and a linear time algorithm for the Generalized Upper Bound problem. These algorithms are the best known so rar for these problems. The status of the general problem and open questions are presented as weil.
- 0025-5610 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.