S-Space College of Natural Sciences (자연과학대학) Dept. of Physics and Astronomy (물리·천문학부) Physics (물리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_물리학전공)
Heteroepitaxial Growth of MgO Thin Films on Al2O3(0001) by Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Park, Won Il; Kim, Dong-Hyuk; Yi, Gyu-Chul; Kim, Chinkyo
- Issue Date
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) 6919
- magnesium oxide (MgO); metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD); epitaxial growth; Al2O3(0001) substrates
- MgO thin films were epitaxially grown on Al2O3(0001) substrates using metalorganic chemical vapor deposition. For film growth, bis-cyclopentadienyl-Mg and oxygen were employed as reactants. X-ray diffraction (XRD) theta-2theta scan and theta-rocking curve data showed a preferred film orientation of  direction along Al2O3. The XRD rocking curve of films grown at 600degreesC showed a full width at half maximum as narrow as 0.45degrees, indicating good crystallinity. The pole figures, of MgO thin films, which show clearly six poles with 60degrees of rotational symmetry, imply that the MgO films were epitaxially grown with, either 60degrees twins or inversion domains. Based on the pole figure and azimuthal,scan measurements, the epitaxial relationship of MgO(111)//Al2O3(0001) and MgO//Al2O3[10 (1) over bar0] was determined. More importantly, the vertical alignment and surface morphology of the thin films were significantly improved by doping Zn during MgO film growth.
- 0021-4922 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.