S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Multilayer Line Micropatterning Using Convective Self-Assembly in Microfluidic Channels
- Jang, Hongseok; Kim, Sangcheol; Char, Kookheon
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society
- Langmuir, 2003, 19, 3094-3097
- A new approach to create layer-by-layer assembled multilayer ultrathin films with well-defined micropatterns in a short process time is introduced. To achieve such micropatterns with high line resolution in organic multilayer films, microfluidic channels were combined with the convective self-assembly process employing both hydrogen bonding and electrostatic intermolecular interactions. The channels were initially filled with polymer solution by capillary pressure, and the residual solution was then removed by the spinning process. Micropatterns with clear line boundaries were obtained, and small ridges were also observed at the edges of the patterned lines.
- 0743-7463 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.