S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
A statistical model-based voice activity detection
- Sohn, Jongseo; Kim, Nam Soo; Sung, Wonyong
- Issue Date
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1-3, Jan. 1999
- Decision-directed estimation; hidden Markov; likelihood ratio test; voice activity detection
- In this letter, we develop a robust voice activity detector (VAD) for the application to variable-rate speech coding. The developed VAD employs the decision-directed parameter estimation method for the likelihood ratio test. In addition, we propose an effective hang-over scheme which considers the previous observations by a first-order Markov process modeling of speech occurrences. According to our simulation results, the proposed VAD shows significantly better performances than the G.729B VAD in low signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and vehicular noise environments
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.