S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 03 No.2 (1962)
Thyroid Function Studies of Healthy Koreans and Patients with Thyroid Disease by means of I131-triiodothyronine.
- Lee, Munho; Kang, Soo Sang; Koh, Chang Soon; Kim, Ju Whan
- Issue Date
- Seoul J Med 1962;3(2):11-18
- The in vitro erythrocyte uptake of IJ31-TRI was
determined in normal Korean subjects and patients
with thyroid diseases. Concomitantly. other laboratory
tests currently in use were performed in
1. Erythrocyte uptake of I-13ITRI averaged 15.7±3.24
percent in normal males and 14.4±3.56 percent in
normal females. No significant difference in
erythrocyte 1131-TRI values according with various
geographical areas of Korea was found.
2. Erythrocyte uptake of IJ3LTRI was decreased
during pregnancy and restored after delivery.
3. Accuracy of erythrocyte P3LTRI uptake test as
a diagnostic aid was compared with that of other
currently used methods in patients with toxic and
4. The value of erythrocyte 113LTRI were significantly
decreased in hypothyroid patients and ad·
ministration of thyroid extract resulted with the
increase in the value.