S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 03 No.3 (1962)
한국인태아의 회맹부 및 충수에 관한 해부학적 연구
Anatomical Studies on the Ileocecal Region and Appendix of the Korean Fetus
- 방재성; 이명복
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.3 No.3, pp. 15-27
- The cecum, ileocecal ostium and appendix of 294
Co161, \' 133) Korean fetuses older than four month
of age were studied anatomically.
1) The development of the cecum increased regularly as the fetal age increased, and had no sexual
The length and circumference of the cecum of the
full term fetus were lis and 1/10 of the adult cecum
respectively, so the cecum of the fetus is relatively
longer and slender than that of the adult.
2) The diameter of the ileocecal ostium of the ten
month fetus was 6.0mm. and liz of that of the adult
(12mm). From the beginning of the fetal life the
superior lip of the ileocecal ostium developed more
rapidly than that of the inferior lip.
3) The appendix showed a regnlar increasing type of
development in generally, and had no notable sexual
difference. Compared with Japanese fetus there was
no racial difference.
The length and the diameter of the appendix were
1/2 and liz of that of the adult respectively, so the
appendix of the fetus was relatively very large than
that of the adult.
4) The type of the cecum was mostly funnel shape
(95%) and the origin of the appendix on the lower
end of the cecum was frequently observed(50~90%).
5) The positions of the appendix showed mostly inwards
(53.7%) and downwards (23.8%) and this
result was as same as other ivestigators' results.
6) The types of the appendix were very variable, and
the majority were the turned and curved types.