S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Nuclear Medicine (핵의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_핵의학전공)
Preclinical efficacy of the c-Met inhibitor CE-355621 in a U87 MG mouse xenograft model evaluated by 18F-FDG small-animal PET
- Tseng, Jeffrey R; Kang, Keon Wook; Dandekar, Mangal; Yaghoubi, Shahriar; Lee, Joseph H; Christensen, James G; Muir, Stephen; Gambhir, Sanjiv S
- Issue Date
- The Society of Nuclear Medicine Inc
- J Nucl Med. 2008;49(1):129-134
- Animals; Antibodies, Monoclonal/*pharmacology; Antineoplastic Agents/*pharmacology; Cell Line, Tumor; Drug Antagonism; Fluorodeoxyglucose F18/*pharmacokinetics; Glioblastoma; Humans; Mice; Mice, Nude; Neoplasm Transplantation; Positron-Emission Tomography/methods; Proto-Oncogene Proteins c-met/*antagonists & inhibitors; Radiopharmaceuticals/*pharmacokinetics; Transplantation, Heterologous
- The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of CE-355621, a novel antibody against c-Met, in a subcutaneous U87 MG xenograft mouse model using (18)F-FDG small-animal PET. METHODS: CE-355621 or control vehicle was administered intraperitoneally into nude mice (drug-treated group, n = 12; control group, n = 14) with U87 MG subcutaneous tumor xenografts. Drug efficacy was evaluated over 2 wk using (18)F-FDG small-animal PET and compared with tumor volume growth curves. RESULTS: The maximum %ID/g (percentage injected dose per gram of tissue) of (18)F-FDG accumulation in mice treated with CE-355621 remained essentially unchanged over 2 wk, whereas the %ID/g of the control tumors increased 66% compared with the baseline. Significant inhibition of (18)F-FDG accumulation was seen 3 d after drug treatment, which was earlier than the inhibition of tumor volume growth seen at 7 d after drug treatment. CONCLUSION: CE-355621 is an efficacious novel antineoplastic chemotherapeutic agent that inhibits (18)F-FDG accumulation earlier than tumor volume changes in a mouse xenograft model. These results support the use of (18)F-FDG PET to assess early tumor response for CE-355621.
- 0161-5505 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.