S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
High-Efficiency Deep-Blue Light-Emitting Diodes Based on Phenylquinoline/Carbazole-Based Compounds
- Lee, Seung Joon; Park, Jin Su; Yoon, Kyung-Jin; Kim, Young-Inn; Jin, Sung-Ho; Kang, Sung Kwon; Gal, Yeong-Soon; Kang, Sunwoo; Lee, Jin Yong; Kang, Jae-Wook; Lee, Se-Hyung; Park, Hyung-Dol; Kim, Jang-Joo
- Issue Date
- Adv. Funct. Mater. 2008, 18, 3922
- blue-light emitters; carbazoles; electroluminescence; energy transfer; organic light-emitting diodes
- Highly efficient deep-blue fluorescent materials based on phenylquinoline-carbazole derivatives (PhQ-CVz, MeO-PhQ-CVz, and CN-PhQ-CVz) are synthesized for organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs). The materials form high-quality amorphous thin films by thermal evaporation and the energy levels can be easily adjusted by the introduction of different electron-donating and electron-withdrawing groups on carbazoylphenylquinoline. Non-doped deep-blue OLEDs that use PhQ-CVz as the emitter show bright emission (Commission Internationale de L'Éclairage (CIE) coordinates, x = 0.156, y = 0.093) with an external quantum efficiency of 2.45%. Furthermore, the material works as an excellent host material for 4,4-bis(9-ethyl-3-carbazovinylene)-1,1-biphenyl dopant to get high-performance OLEDs with excellent deep-blue CIE coordinates (x = 0.155, y = 0.157), high power efficiency (5.98 lm W-1), and high external quantum efficiency (5.22%).
- 1616-301X (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.