S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
Hybrid plasticity model for reinforced concrete in cyclic shear
- Park, Hong-gun; Kim, Jae-Yo
- Issue Date
- Eng Struct 2005;27(1):35-48
- Cyclic loads; Plasticity model; Reinforced concrete; Multiple fixed crack model; Finite element analysis
- A plasticity model was developed to address the cyclic behavior of reinforced concrete planar members. The plasticity model basically
used multiple failure criteria to describe the isotropic damage of compressive crushing and the anisotropic damage of tensile cracking. New
concepts of multiple fixed crack orientations, hybrid plasticity model, and degraded shear stiffness were introduced to describe the behavioral
characteristics of reinforced concrete subject to cyclic loads, i.e. multiple tensile crack orientations and progressively rotating crack damage.
Particularly, the proposed model is distinguished from existing plasticity models in that it can describe the characteristics of the tensile crack
damage in cyclic shear: rotating crack damages under loading and fixed crack damages under unloading/reloading. The proposed model was
implemented for finite element analysis and was verified by the comparisons with experiments of reinforced concrete shear panels and walls.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.