S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering (컴퓨터공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_컴퓨터공학부)
Enhanced Unitary Beamforming Scheme for Limited-Feedback Multiuser MIMO Systems
- Lee, Wonmu; Sohn, Illsoo; Lee, Byong Ok; Lee, Kwang Bok
- Issue Date
- IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 758-760, Oct. 2008
- Manuscript received July 1, 2008. The associate editor coordinating the
review of this letter and approving it for publication was R. Blum.
The authors are with the School of Electrical Engineering and INMC, Seoul
National University (SNU), Seoul, Korea (e-mail: email@example.com).
- In this letter, we consider practical downlink multiuser
multiple-input multiple-output systems where each user
has multiple antennas and codebook-based limited channel feedback
is available at base station. We propose a preprocessing
scheme for downlink transmission where a unitary beamforming
matrix is used. Firstly, we propose how to construct the
unitary matrix that maximizes sum rate. Secondly, we propose
a codebook-based channel feedback method for the proposed
beamforming method. Numerical results show that the proposed
scheme outperforms conventional zero-forcing beamforming
scheme in terms of sum rate.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.