S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Primary Biliary Lymphoma Mimicking Cholangiocarcinoma: A Characteristic Feature of Discrepant CT and Direct Cholangiography Findings
- Yoon, Min A.; Lee, Jeong Min; Kim, Se Hyung; Lee, Jae Young; Choi, Byung Ihn; Jang, Ja-June; Kim, Sun-Whe; Han, Joon Koo
- Issue Date
- KOREAN ACAD MEDICAL SCIENCES
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN MEDICAL SCIENCE; Vol.24 5; 956-959
- Lymphoma; Bile Ducts, Extrahepatic; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Cholangiography; Tomography, Spiral Computed
- Primary non-Hodgkin`s lymphoma arising from the bile duct is extremely rare and the reported imaging features do not differ from those of cholangiocarcinoma of the bile duct. We report a case of a patient with extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa associated lymphoid tissue (MALT), who presented with obstructive jaundice and describe the distinctive radiologic features that may suggest the correct preoperative diagnosis of primary lymphoma of the bile duct. Primary MALT lymphoma of the extrahepatic bile duct should be considered in the differential diagnosis when there is a mismatch in imaging findings on computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging and cholangiography.