S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_산부인과학전공)
Administration of Intravenous Albumin around the Time of Oocyte Retrieval Reduces Pregnancy Rate without Preventing Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Jee, Byung Chul; Suh, Chang Suk; Kim, Yong Beom; Kim, Seok Hyun; Kim, Jung Gu; Moon, Shin Yong; Choi, Young Min
- Issue Date
- GYNECOLOGIC AND OBSTETRIC INVESTIGATION; Vol.70 1; 47-54
- Intravenous albumin; Meta-analysis; Hydroxyethyl starch; Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome; Pregnancy
- Background/Aim: The aim of this meta-analysis was to evaluate whether IV albumin infusion around the time of oocyte retrieval prevents ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) and affects the pregnancy rate. Methods: A meta-analysis of data from 9 randomized controlled trials including 1,613 women at high risk for developing OHSS in in vitro fertilization cycles was performed. Results: The combined incidence of severe OHSS was 6.0% in the IV albumin group and 7.9% in saline or no treatment groups. These rates were statistically not different (RR = 0.80, 95% Cl = 0.57-1.12). Treatment with IV albumin significantly lowered the pregnancy rates (RR = 0.85, 95% Cl = 0.74-0.98). Conclusions: The combined data presented in this meta-analysis do not support a benefit for IV albumin around the time of oocyte retrieval in preventing OHSS and even showed a deleterious effect on the pregnancy rate. Copyright (C) 2010 S. Karger AG, Basel
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.