S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Surgery (외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_외과학전공)
Array CGH를 이용한 DNA 복제 수 변화에 대한 분석에 따른 유방암의 예후 인자에 대한 후보 유전자로서의 COL18A1
COL18A1 as the Candidate Gene for the Prognostic Marker of Breast Cancer According to the Analysis of the DNA Copy Number Variation by Array CGH
- 황기태; 정중기; 정인목; 허승철; 안영준; 안혜성; 장미수; 김정아; 한원식; 노동영
- Issue Date
- KOREAN BREAST CANCER SOC
- JOURNAL OF BREAST CANCER; Vol.13 1; 37-45
- Breast neoplasms; Microarray analysis; Gene amplification; Collagen type XVIII; 유방 신생물; 콜라겐 type XVIII; 유전자 증폭; 미세배열 분석
- Purpose: We tried to select and validate the candidate gene for the prognostic marker of breast cancer by comparing the analysis of copy number variation (CNV) between normal breast tissues and breast cancer tissues by performing array comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) Methods: Array CGH was performed with using the fresh frozen tissues of 77 breast cancer patients. We selected the clones with more than a 20% frequency of gain or loss, and the clones with gain or loss in more than 2 consecutive clones We finally selected the clones that were statistically significant on the survival analysis. We searched for the candidate gene that belonged to the candidate clones and we selected the final candidate gene that is assumed to be most related to the carcinogenesis of breast cancer by searching for information of the individual gene. We performed RT-PCR to validate the RNA expression of the final candidate gene with using the breast tissues of another 20 breast cancer patients. Results: Eleven (10 in the gain group and 1 in the loss group) clones were finally selected as candidate clones. The significant CNVs with gain were found in the regions of 1q23 1, 1q41, 1q44, 5p15.33, 8q21 3, 15q26.3, 17q12 and 21q22 3 and the significant CNV with loss was found in 14q32 33. COL18A1 (21q22.3) was selected as the final candidate gene and the RT-PCR results revealed that the expression of COL18A1 was up-regulated in the cancer tissues of 18 of the other 20 (90%) breast cancer patients. Conclusion: We selected COL18A1 (21q22 3) as the candidate gene for the prognostic marker of breast cancer by comparing the analysis of CNVs from the array CGH. The RNA of COL18A1 was over-expressed in breast cancer tissue, as determined by RT-PCR.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.