S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dermatology (피부과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_피부과학전공)
The Effect of Curculigoside on the Expression of Matrix Metalloproteinase-1 in Cultured Human Skin Fibroblasts
- Lee, Song-Yi; Kim, Mi-Ran; Choi, Hong Seok; Moon, Hyung-In; Lee, Dong Gun; Woo, Eun-Rhan; Chung, Jin Ho
- Issue Date
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH; Vol.32 10; 1433-1439
- Curculigo orchioides G.; Matrix metalloproteinase-1; Type-1 procollagen; Cycloartane saponin; Amaryllidaceae; Phenolic glycoside; Curculigoside
- The dried rhizomes of Curculigo orchioides G. yielded two phenolic glycosides, curculigoside (1), orcinol-beta-D-glucoside (4), and two cycloartane saponins, curculigosaponin G (2), curculigosaponin I (3). The structures were determined using spectroscopic methods. Among these isolates, compound 1 exhibited potent inhibitory activity against matrix metalloproteinase-1 in cultured human skin fibroblasts. In addition, it increased the level of Bcl-2 protein expression and decreased the level of Bax protein expression. Compound 4 was isolated from this plant for the first time.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.