S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Anatomy (해부학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_해부학전공)
Immunohistochemical localization of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 in the central nervous system of SOD1(G93A) transgenic mice
- Sim, Sung Eun; Chung, Yoon Hee; Jeong, Ji Hoon; Yun, Sin Weon; Kim, Daejin; Lee, Won Bok; Cha, Choong Ik; Kim, Sung Su; Lim, Hyoun-Sub
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR HISTOLOGY; Vol.40, No.2; 157-163
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS); SOD1(G93A) transgenic mice; Immunohistochemistry; Hippocampus; Cerebral cortex; Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2)
- In the present study, we performed immunohistochemical studies to investigate the changes of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) in the central nervous system of SOD1(G93A) mutant transgenic mice as an in vivo model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Decreased immunoreactivity for IGFBP2 was observed in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus and brainstem of SOD1(G93A) transgenic mice. In the cerebral cortex, the number of IGFBP2-positive cells was decreased in the somatomotor area, somatosensory area, auditory area, visual area, entorhinal area, piriform area and prefrontal area. In the hippocampal formation, IGFBP2 immunoreactivity was significantly decreased in the CA1-3 areas and the dentate gyrus. In the brainstem, few IGFBP2-immunoreactive cells were observed in the medullary and pontine reticular formation, vestibular nucleus, trigeminal motor nucleus, facial nucleus, hypoglossal nucleus and raphe nucleus. In the spinal cord, IGFBP2 immunoreactivity was not significantly decreased in SOD1(G93A) transgenic mice. This study showing decreased IGFBP2 in different brain regions of SOD1(G93A) transgenic mice may provide clues for understanding differential susceptibility of neural structures in ALS.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.