S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Odontogenic differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells induced by preameloblast-derived factors
- Lee, Ji-Hyun; Lee, Dong-Seol; Choung, Han-Wool; Shon, Won-Jun; Seo, Byoung-Moo; Lee, Eun-Hyang; Cho, Je-Yoel; Park, Joo-Cheol
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- BIOMATERIALS Vol.32 No.36, pp. 9696-9706
- 복합학; Epithelial-mesenchymal interaction; Preameloblast-CM; Human dental pulp stem cell; Odontoblast differentiation; Dentin regeneration
- The differentiation of odontoblasts is initiated by the organization of differentiating ameloblasts during tooth formation. However, the exact roles of ameloblast-derived factors in odontoblast differentiation have not yet been characterized. We investigated the effects of preameloblast-conditioned medium (PACM) on the odontogenic differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells (hDPSCs) in vitro and in vivo. Furthermore, we analyzed the PA-CM by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry to identify novel factors that facilitate odontoblast differentiation. In the co-culture of MDPC-23 cells or hDPSCs with mouse apical bud cells (ABCs), ABCs promoted differentiation of odontoblastic MDPC-23 cells and facilitated odontoblast differentiation of hDPSCs. PA-CM, CM from ABCs after 3 days culture, was most effective in increasing the dentin sialophosphoprotein promoter activity of odontoblastic MDPC-23 cells. When PA-CM-treated hDPSCs were transplanted into immunocompromised mice, they generated pulp-like structures lined with human odontoblast-like cells showing typical odontoblast processes. However, during recombinant human bone morphogenenetic protein 2-treated hDPSCs transplantation, some of the cells were entrapped in mineralized matrix possessing osteocyte characteristics. After proteomic analyses, we identified 113 types of proteins in PA-CM, of which we characterized 23. The results show that preameloblast-derived factors induce the odontogenic differentiation of hDPSCs and promote dentin formation. (C) 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.