S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) Dept. of Forest Sciences (산림과학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_산림과학부)
DETERMINATION OF INTERNAL MOISTURE TRANSPORT AND SURFACE EMISSION COEFFICIENTS FOR EASTERN WHITE PINE
- Yeo, Hwanmyeong; Eom, Chang-Deuk; Han, Yeonjung; Kang, Wook; Smith, William B.
- Issue Date
- Society of Wood Science and Technology
- WOOD AND FIBER SCIENCE Vol.40 No.4, pp. 553-561
- 복합학; Eastern white pine; mass transfer; kiln-drying; internal moisture transport coefficient; surface
emission coefficient; water vapor pressure; coefficient conversion
- Moisture movement in eastern white pine wood specimens was evaluated during drying at specific temperature and RH conditions. The objective of this work was to build an appropriate numeric analysis model for predicting moisture profile changes in wood and apply this to the kiln-drying of large cross-section eastern white pine timbers. The internal moisture transport coefficients were dependent on the temperature and average moisture content, and the surface emission coefficients on the water vapor pressure in air adjacent to the surface. The internal moisture transport coefficients decreased with decreasing temperature and internal moisture content. Surface emission coefficients increased with increasing temperature and decreasing surface moisture content.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.