S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
First Report of Human Acute Acalculous Cholecystitis Caused by the Fish Pathogen Lactococcus garvieae
- Kim, Ji Hyung; Go, Jin; Cho, Chong Rae; Kim, Jae Il; Lee, Myung Soo; Park, Se Chang
- Issue Date
- American Society for Microbiology
- JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY Vol.51 No.2, pp. 712-714
- We report herein the first case of acute acalculous cholecystitis caused by Lactococcus garvieae, which is known as a fish pathogen.
A 69-year-old fisherman underwent laparoscopic cholecystectomy due to severe inflammation in the gallbladder. The isolate
obtained from the gallbladder was identified as L. garvieae by 16S rRNA and manganese-dependent superoxide dismutase
(sodA) gene sequence analysis.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.