S-Space Language Education Institute (언어교육원) Language Research (어학연구) Language Research (어학연구) Volume 12 Number 1/2 (1976)
형용사의 부사화 구문
Adverbialization of Adjectives in Korean
|dc.identifier.citation||어학연구, Vol.12 No.2, pp. 175-195||ko_KR|
|dc.description.abstract||In Korean, there are processes of adverbiaJization by which underl ying ad jectives are converted into surface adverbials. Adverbializa tions are marked by the adverbializers; I, ni, or key. AdverbiaJs by these processes have four diffe rent syntactic sources.
(1) Some adverbials are derived from predicates of complements in where the higher predicates are weak asserti ves. These ad verbials can be called psychological judgement adverbials.
(2) There are adverbials that are derived from the higher sentences. In this case,
adverbials are different in semantic relations to their complements. One is the case that represents speaker's mental attitude on the complement, Other is the case that modifies- I don’'t think this concept is appropriate- the whole complement or the complement's constituent. Potentially, 1 will call the former modal adverbials and the latter non-modal adverbials.
(3) The predicates of relative c1auses are another source for adverbials in Korean.
I will give to these adverbials the terminology restrictive adverbials.
(5) Some adverbials are derived from adjectives of the result-c1auses in subordinate conjunctions. These are resultative adverbials.
The syntactic aspects above enable us to explain the transportability of adverbials. Psychological judgement adverbials and restrictive adverbials can not move to other positions from their own original one at all, because they have been derived from embedded sentences. But modal, non-modal adverbials, and resultative adverbials are derived from higher and the same hierarchical c1auses respectively, for they are freely transportable.
When these adverbials occur together in a sentence, they show the hierachical structure, that is, at the top-most level are modal or psychological judegment adverbials, at the higher non-modal adverbials, at the lower resultative adverbials, and at the bottom restrictive adverbials.
|dc.title||형용사의 부사화 구문||ko_KR|
|dc.title.alternative||Adverbialization of Adjectives in Korean||ko_KR|
- Appears in Collections:
- Language Education Institute (언어교육원)Language Research (어학연구)Language Research (어학연구) Volume 12 Number 1/2 (1976)