S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_전기·정보공학부)
Investigation of the Profile Effect on the Sensitivity Enhancement of Nanowire-Mediated Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors
- Byun, Kyung Min; Kim, Donghyun; Kim, Sung June
- Issue Date
- Sensors and Actuators B, 117 (2006) 401
- Surface plasmon resonance; Biosensor; Nanowires; Localized surface plasmon; Rigorous coupled wave analysis
- Localized surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensors with metallic nanowires regularly patterned on a gold film are considered for sensitivity
enhancement. The theoretical investigation was conducted using rigorous coupled wave analysis in terms of various design metrics, such as the
resonance angle shift, the SPR curve angular width, and the minimum reflectance at resonance. The results show that nanowires of a T-profile
present more effective sensitivity enhancement than an inverse T-profile. The sensitivity enhancement mediated by the presence of nanowires has
also been clarified qualitatively based on the dispersion relation between metal film involving nanowires and surrounding dielectric medium. The
study is expected to provide extremely high sensitivity in SPR-based biosensing.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.