Ruthenium-Catalyzed Redox-Neutral and Single-Step Amide Synthesis from Alcohol and Nitrile with Complete Atom Economy
- Kang, Byungjoon; Fu, Zhenqian; Hong, Soon Hyeok
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol.135 No.32, pp. 11704-11707
- A completely atom-economical and redox-neutral catalytic amide synthesis from an alcohol and a nitrite is realized. The amide C-N bond is efficiently formed between the nitrogen atom of nitrile and the alpha-carbon of alcohol, with the help of an N-heterocyclic carbene-based ruthenium catalyst, without a single by-product. A utility of the reaction was demonstrated by synthesizing C-13 or N-15 isotope-labeled amides without involvement of any separate reduction and oxidation step.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.