S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Neurology (신경과학교실) Journal Papers (저널논문_신경과학교실)
Improved magnetoenecphalography source reconstruction considering anatomical connectivity of cortical sources
- Im, Chang-Hwan; An, Kwang-Ok; Lee, Chany; Jung, Hyun-Kyo; Jung, Ki-Young
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.42 No.4, pp. 1379-1382
- 공학; Anatomical connectivity; magnetoencephalography (MEG) source reconstruction; Wiener estimation; 3-D geodesic distance
- In this paper, an improved magnetoencephalography (MEG) source reconstruction technique considering anatomical connectivity of cortical sources is proposed. The anatomical connectivity information was taken into account by calculating three-dimensional geodesic distance between neighboring sources, and then the resultant inverse solutions were compared with those of other cases: 1) inverse estimate without connectivity information; 2) use of Euclidean distance instead of geodesic distance. The proposed technique was applied to realistic simulations for a real brain anatomy, and the results showed that estimated sources can be smoother and more accurate by using the anatomical connectivity information.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.