S-Space Graduate School of International Studies (국제대학원) Dept. of International Studies (국제학과) Journal of International and Area Studies Journal of International and Area Studies vol.15 (2008)
Attitudes of the International Community toward Iran’s Nuclear Puzzle
- Karacasulu, Zehra Nilufer; Karakir, Irem Askar
- Issue Date
- Institute of International Affairs, Graduate School of International Studies, Seoul National University
- Journal of International and Area Studies, Vol.15 No.2, pp. 1-19
- Iran; nuclear programme; US-Iranian relations; EU-Iranian relations; Russian- Iranian relations; Chinese-Iranian relations; international community
- This article aims to interrogate the attitudes of the US, the EU/EU-3, Russia and China, on Iran’s nuclear programme. The underlying question is whether there can be a consensus in the international
community for a comprehensive settlement. In trying to provide answer to this question first, the article
briefly reviews Iranian motives and foreign assistance in the development of Iran’s nuclear programme.
Secondly, focusing separately on the US, the EU/EU-3, Russia and China, a comparative analysis is
employed for delineating similarities and differences in their attitudes and concerns since the 1979
Iranian Revolution. This article arrived at a tentative conclusion on the basis that the debate is likely to
continue, as there is no common attitude toward Iran’s nuclear puzzle in the international community.
- Files in This Item: