S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Paragangliomas in the cauda equina region: clinicopathoradiologic findings in four cases
- Yang, Seung-Yeob; Jin, Yong Jun; Park, Sung Hye; Jahng, Tae Ahn; Kim, Hyun Jib; Chung, Chun Kee
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- J Neurooncol 72: 49-55, 2005
- CSF-cerebrospinal fluid; GFAP-glial fibrillary acid protein; GTR-gross total removal; LBP-low back pain; MIBG-metaiodobenzyl guanidine; MR-magnetic resonance; NSE – neuron specific enolase
- Paragangliomas of the cauda equina are rare neuroendocrine tumors. Four cases of nonsecreting paraganglioma of the cauda equina, preoperatively misdiagnosed as neurinoma, are presented with an emphasis on the correlation between magnetic resonance imaging findings and pathological features. Although it is difficult to correctly diagnose paraganglioma preoperatively for intradural extramedullary tumors, especially in the cauda equina, paraganglioma should be included in differential diagnoses.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.