S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Radiation Applied Life Science (대학원 협동과정 방사선응용생명과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_방사선응용생명과학전공)
MRI findings of giant cell tumors of the spine
- Kwon, Jong Won; Chung, Hye Won; Cho, Eun Yoon; Hong, Sung Hwan; Choi, Sang-Hee; Yoon, Young Cheol; Yi, Sang Kyu
- Issue Date
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- AJR 2007; 189:246-250
- Adolescent; Adult; Female; Giant Cell Tumor of Bone/*diagnosis; Humans; Magnetic Resonance Imaging/*methods; Male; Middle Aged; Spinal Neoplasms/*diagnosis
- OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this article is to describe the MRI features of giant cell tumors of the spine in 10 patients. CONCLUSION: One of the tumors was located in C7. The other nine tumors were located in the thoracic spine, lumbar spine, and sacrum, three in each site. The characteristic findings included an expansile mass with heterogeneous low to intermediate signal intensity on the T2-weighted images (10/10), a curvilinear area of signal void on T1- and T2-weighted images (9/10), and cystic changes within the mass (4/10). Although no imaging feature was pathognomonic, MRI was found to be valuable in identifying the tumor, revealing its extent, and defining its relationship with the intraspinal structures.
- 1546-3141 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.