S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering (컴퓨터공학부) Others_컴퓨터공학부
Exploiting the Impact of Objective Functions on Transmission Performance in RPL Networks
- Nguyen, Duc-Lam; Kim, Naeon; Kim, Seohyang; Kim, Chong-Kwon
- Issue Date
- IISRC Coorporation
- Conference: Conference: International Conference on Computer Science and Technology, pp. 1-MAX
- 공학; Internet of Things; Objective Function; Packet Delivery Ratio; End-to-end Latency; IPv6 RPL
- With the increasing demand for service of energy efficient and reliable IoT networks, many researchers and IoT service providers are studying multi-hop communication techniques among constrained devices. With this trend, IETF has constructed ROLL working group and proposed IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL). Open source Operating Systems for IoT such as Contiki and TinyOS supports RPL as a multi-hop routing protocol and provides different Objective Functions which play a critical role in constructing the routing topology. However, it is difficult to select proper objective function because of the lack of the knowledge about the performance of different objective functions. To solve this problem, we analyze the two representative objective functions by using Cooja simulator of Contiki. We expect that this work would be used as a guidance for designinig or selecting adequate objective functions in RPL. Keyword: Internet of Things Objective Function Packet Delivery Ratio End-to-end Latency IPv6 RPL
Exploiting the Impact of Objective Functions on Transmission Performance in RPL Network (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318440523_Exploiting_the_Impact_of_Objective_Functions_on_Transmission_Performance_in_RPL_Network [accessed Nov 29 2017].
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.