S-Space College of Natural Sciences (자연과학대학) Dept. of Physics and Astronomy (물리·천문학부) Physics (물리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_물리학전공)
Single Cell and Single-Molecule Analysis of Gene Expression Regulation
- Vera, Maria; Biswas, Jeetayu; Senecal, Adrien; Singer, Robert H.; Park, Hye Yoon
- Issue Date
- ANNUAL REVIEWS
- Annual Review of Genetics, Vol. 50, pp. 267-291
- Single Cell and Single-Molecule Analysis of Gene Expression Regulation; 자연과학; single cell; single-molecule imaging; gene expression; transcription; mRNA localization; translation
- Recent advancements in single-cell and single-molecule imaging technologies have resolved biological processes in time and space that are fundamental to understanding the regulation of gene expression. Observations of single-molecule events in their cellular context have revealed highly dynamic aspects of transcriptional and post-transcriptional control in eukaryotic cells. This approach can relate transcription with mRNA abundance and lifetimes. Another key aspect of single-cell analysis is the cell-to-cell variability among populations of cells. Definition of heterogeneity has revealed stochastic processes, determined characteristics of under-represented cell types or transitional states, and integrated cellular behaviors in the context of multicellular organisms. In this review, we discuss novel aspects of gene expression of eukaryotic cells and multicellular organisms revealed by the latest advances in single-cell and single-molecule imaging technology.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.