S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) Dept. of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering (생태조경·지역시스템공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_생태조경·지역시스템공학부)
Short-term and long-term behaviors of buried corrugated high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes
- Kang, Jun S.; Han, Taek H.; Kang, Young J.; Yoo, Chai H.
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Composites: Part B, Vol.40 No.5, pp. 404-412
- Short-term and long-term behaviors of buried corrugated high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes; 자연과학; A. Thermoplastic; B. Interface; C. Finite element analysis; Numerical analysis
- This study evaluated the short-term and long-term soil–structure interactions of buried corrugated high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipes using the finite element method and soil models. Predictor equations for arching factors, deflections, and maximum wall stresses of the corrugated HDPE pipes were formulated using numerically generated data from soil–structure models. The new predictor equations were then compared with existing methods in order to assess their validity and applicability. Of particular interest were the considerable differences revealed in the fundamental mechanics of the short-term and long-term performance of buried HDPE pipes. Earth loads were found to be significantly affected by time-dependent material properties and interface conditions, while the deflections were not affected significantly by these factors.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.