S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
Combined low dose cyclosporine and prednisone down-regulate natural killer cell-like effector functions of CD8brightCD56+ T cells in patients with active Behcet uveitis
- Ahn, Jae Kyoun; Park, Yeoung Geol; Park, Sang Woo; Yoon, Kyung-Chul; Yu, Hyeong Gon; Chung, Hum
- Issue Date
- Taylor & Francis
- Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2006 Oct;14(5):267-75.
- Adult; Antigens, CD56/*immunology; Behcet Syndrome/drug therapy/*immunology; CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes/*physiology; Cyclosporine/administration & dosage; Cytotoxicity Tests, Immunologic; Down-Regulation/*drug effects; Drug Therapy, Combination; Female; Flow Cytometry; Humans; Immunosuppressive Agents/*administration & dosage; Killer Cells, Natural/*immunology; Male; Membrane Glycoproteins/metabolism; Middle Aged; Perforin; Phenotype; Pore Forming Cytotoxic Proteins/metabolism; Prednisone/administration & dosage; Prospective Studies; Receptors, CCR5/metabolism; Receptors, Interleukin-8A/metabolism
- PURPOSE: To investigate the changes of effector-related phenotypic markers and the natural killer (NK)-like effector functions of CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells in patients with Behcet uveitis after combined cyclosporine and prednisone (Cs/Pd) treatment. METHODS: Ten patients with active Behcet panuveitis and 10 healthy controls were prospectively recruited in this study. The effector-related surface markers (CD27, CD62L, CD11b, HLA-DR, CD94, NKG2D), chemokine receptors (CXCR1, CXCR3, CCR4, CCR5), and intracellular perforin of circulating CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells were determined by flow cytometric analysis before and after two months' treatment. NK-like cytotoxicity of ex vivo CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells against K562 was measured by standard 51Cr release assay. RESULTS: The expression levels of effector-related molecules on CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells normalized after treatment. The expression levels of CXCR1 and CCR5 were down-regulated on CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells after treatment. The amounts of preformed intracellular perforin of CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells were reduced to the normal levels. Furthermore, the NK-like cytolytic capacities of CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells were decreased after treatment. CONCLUSIONS: Our results suggest that the combined Cs/Pd treatments in active Behcet uveitis may downregulate the NK-like effector functions of CD8(bright)CD56+ T cells.
- 0927-3948 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.