S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
First principles study of Li diffusion in I-Li2NiO2 structure
- Kang, Kisuk; Morgan, Dane; Ceder, Gerbrand
- Issue Date
- Physical Review B, Vol.79 No.1, p. 014305
- ab initio calculations; crystal orientation; inhomogeneous media; ionic conductivity; lithium compounds; self-diffusion
- First principles computations have been used to study Li mobility in the orthorhombic Li2NiO2 structure with the Immm space group (I-Li2NiO2). Understanding Li mobility in I-Li2NiO2 structure other than the conventional layered structure helps extend our understanding of Li transport in different oxide structures. Our results indicate that I-Li2NiO2 is a reasonably good lithium ionic conductor with two-dimensional diffusion when the structure is maintained upon lithiation or delithaion. It is predicted that in the orthorhombic cell the activation barriers along the b axis and diagonal direction between a and b axes are fairly low, ensuring the facile lithium diffusion along those directions, while migration along the a axis is unlikely given the very high activation barrier (similar to 2 eV).
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.