S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Simple and generalized synthesis of oxide-metal heterostructured nanoparticles and their applications in multimodal biomedical probes
- Choi, Sang-Hyun; Na, Hyon Bin; Park, Yong Il; An, Kwangjin; Kwon, Soon Gu; Jang, Youngjin; Park, Mi-hyun; Moon, Jaewon; Son, Jae Sung; Song, In Chan; Moon, Woo Kyung; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol.130 No.46, pp.15573-15580
- Heterostructured nanoparticles composed of metals and Fe3O4 or MnO were synthesized by thermal decomposition of mixtures of metal-oleate complexes (for the oxide component) and metal-oleylamine complexes (for the metal component). The products included flowerlike-shaped nanoparticles of Pt-Fe3O4 and Ni-Fe3O4 and snowmanlike-shaped nanoparticles of Ag-MnO and Au-MnO. Powder X-ray diffraction patterns showed that these nanoparticles were composed of face-centered cubic (fcc)-structured Fe3O4 or MnO and fcc-structured metals. The relaxivity values of the Au-MnO and Au-Fe3O4 nanoparticles were similar to those of the MnO and Fe3O4 nanoparticles, respectively. Au-Fe3O4 heterostructured nanoparticles conjugated with two kinds of 12-base oligonucleotide sequences were able to sense a complementary 24-mer sequence, causing nanoparticle aggregation. This hybridization-mediated aggregation was detected by the overall size increase indicated by dynamic light scattering data, the red shift of the surface plasmon band of the Au component, and the enhancement of the signal intensity of the Fe3O4 component in T-2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)